Wednesday, September 8, 2010

So Far So Good


September is here. And it's cool and rainy.
How fitting.
Warm sweaters, hot cups of chai and heat bags are back on the menu.


Fall rushed in rather quickly with company arriving, the long weekend, a lovely 6oth Anniversary for my parents, my son moving out, the company leaving and my new housemate arriving.
Whew!!
And amazingly enough I feel so, so peaceful.
And thankful to God.
So, so thankful!!
Because I've really been dreading this.
First time neither of my kids live with me.
But the son visits.
And the daughter skypes.

And I'm OK!! Yippeee!

I look at my son's empty room and there is no sorrow.
God's grace for this new season.
What a relief that He really does give us the ticket when the train comes.
Not before.
So I clutch my ticket and I feel the train's movement. Forward.
Trusting and waiting for adventures to begin.
There is so much yet to unfold in my life.
It's not an ending, but a beginning.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can you believe that we started TESL a year ago this month!!! Where has the time flown. I will miss our Saturdays and Tuesday nights and May and Richard and Dini and Karen and Leah and You! Here's to a long, cold, snowy winter. I will visit you soon, Love Jo

Battle Maiden said...

Oh yes, I will miss that wonderful season as well. Seems like a long ago dream already! You were just the most delightful desk mate! It will be interesting to see what kind of a winter season awaits us this year.