Friday, September 17, 2010

home alone

I know, it's kind of a pathetic little title, but that's the truth of the matter.
I'm home alone and I'm missing both of my kids.
The kind where my heart physically aches and my eyes get leaky.

The girl is blissful in California and I couldn't be happier about that.
She's hungry for truth and loving Jesus.
The boy is in love with a wonderful gal and they are off to visit her family this weekend.
My sweet housemate went along.

So, all in all it's not a bad thing. It's actually as good as it can get under the circumstances so I'll be happy with my aching heart and I know there will be better days.

In fact, it is so arranged, rather providentially, that I am busy almost all weekend.
Starting in about an hour with my Butterfly Club.
We're sharing an oriental dinner and there will be loads of stories, probably tears and lots of laughter. We haven't met in ever so long.
I'm bringing wine and thanking the precious Holy Spirit that He'll be providing the real stuff.

Oh the glory of meeting with these precious soul mates and having Jesus in our midst.

And tomorrow I get to spend the day basking in the presence of God on a whole different level. A Beth Moore simucast or something of that nature is being held at a nearby church so I get to worship and listen to God's word with loads of other womenfolk.
I'm hungry hungry HUNGRY for Jesus and some good teaching.

This will be followed by a huge birthday bash for a friend's daughter (who also happens to be my friend) at my place in the evening.

So, it is apparent that I won't be "home alone" much this weekend!

No comments: