Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood





Oh the joy of sunshine after clouds and rain!
I played outside with the dogs this morning. Happy to have their eager company giving me an excuse to sit in the sun for a long while, throwing the ball and enjoying the great expanse of beauty that is just outside any one of my doorsteps!
I feel immensely privileged to still be up on the orchard and I am grateful for the largeness of it all. So much room to breathe.

Big sky, big trees, many apples, close mountains, winding roads, long driveway, vineyards, so incredibly much space filled with so incredibly much beauty.
I can hardly believe how colorful He is, the textures he has wrapped his world in and the delightful variety. Funny animals dotting the landscape, making me smile.

My own garden of delights. The few seeds I managed to throw in this year producing monstrous sunflowers. The yellow against the blue is breathtaking.


My little pansies, still surviving despite almost constant neglect. The sage wild and wolly and completely out of control. Weeds gone crazy and petunias doing their beautiful thing. Virginia creeper going from green to glorious red.



The orange lanterns so healthy and vibrant and three dimensional - vivid orbs of amazingness!!

The sunshine bribed me to take my dear little mama and auntie out for a drive to admire vineyards along the lake. The grapes hung heavy, almost ready for harvest. Green and purple beauty. A picnic at the lakeside. Lilly pads and willows. Laughter and praises.


And home again. To admire all those delicious decorations that are hanging in unabashed beauty.
Apples, Apples, Apples!!

No comments: