Thursday, September 16, 2010

New Housemate

She made burritos for supper.
Deliciously cheesy with guacamole, homemade salsa and dip.
Oh my goodness the yumminess!!!

And she loves my puppies. She really enjoys them and thats a really good thing. Cause they are a fairly large and constant presence around this place. They lay in the most awkward places all over the kitchen floor or in walk ways so that you have to constantly get them moving as you pass through. She can handle all of this though.
In fact, she proved herself to me this afternoon to be a perfect housemate indeed.
Poor Moose had a few too many cling ons in his hinterland and Crystal was up to the challenge with me. She held that tail in the air while I clipped and wasn't worried about getting sprayed when I had to finish the job with the hose.
You know you've got a good housemate when...

And she's clean! And efficient.
Kind of like having a mother around. You only ask once and the deed is done.
I need vinegar.
It comes home in the next bag of groceries.
Bananas - voila!
Unique and delicious salads are whipped up and can be found in the refrigerator.
Kind of like a dream come true.

And she's just lovely to visit with. Cheerful, talkative and interesting.
Plus as I already mentioned she is able to heave my body off the ground and pop it into the wheelchair when necessary.
Which hopefully won't actually happen ever again, but just in case it's handy to have her around with those kind of skills.

God knew it was a big change for me to have BOTH of my precious kids move out within two weeks of each other, but He made the transition as easy on me as possible.
Oh yeah. He's so kind and meanwhile, for a side dish I get wonderful skyping visits with the dear beautiful daughter and lots of drop in visits with the handsome son who is often up here working.

No comments: