Wednesday, March 28, 2007

just today


There's a lot going on in my life right now - transitions occurring and looming in the fairly near future. Big decisions need to be made - one of them hanging over me this week - wanting a reply with increasing urgency. Someone is waiting for answer and I am not yet ready to give it as the situation affects my entire future. I need more time and I need more counsel - so this is what I will pursue.

I am incredibly grateful to my kind, kind Father for His constant and unchanging love for me, for His incredible promises and for His Fatherly advice. Advice that comes through His Word, the amazing circle of friends and family He has placed around me, His still small voice; His Spirit who counsels me in a multitude of ways. How rich i am, how blessed to have God as my Father, and to have Jesus as my Husband... He reminds me again, as He has so often in these last years that I don't have to look into the future and to figure all these things out now. I need only look at today - listen for His guidance, obey His promptings and abide. Abide. What a lovely, safe, comforting word. Let the sap of His life flow through me - giving the strength and wisdom I need. Giving WHATEVER I need! Oh how I love Him and nestle in close. Even with everything unresolved, there is always time, there needs to be the time to snuggle into Him and to hear His heart beat. Rhythmically repeating...all is most well, trust me, all is most well, trust me... Yes Lord. I will.

"This is why I tell you: 'Don't worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, or about your body, what you will wear...your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be provided for you. Therefore DON'T WORRY ABOUT TOMORROW, because tomorrow will worry about itself."
Matthew 6:25,32,34

Well that sure sounds good to me! I will do what God prompts me to do today, I will fulfill my duties with a" light step" and a trusting heart, and I will worship. Because...
"I am certain that I will see the Lord's GOODNESS in the land of the living" Psalm 27:13

so therefore I will take His advice and:

"Wait for the Lord, be courageous and let your heart be strong. Wait for the LORD." Psalm 27:14

How beautiful His voice, How edifying His Words, How wonderful His constant presence.

1 comment:

Island Melody said...

Waiting feels so unproductive at times. I feel differently about the process of waiting since we found out that the word for wait in Hebrew means bind together. It changes waiting to an active process of God binding together the circmstances of our lives while we are in the process of binding ourselves to Jesus.

While you wait on the LORD, remember this, "The LORD will perfect what concerns me." Psalm 138:8
"I do not concern myself with great matters or things too overwhelming for me. I have stilled and quieted my soul: like a weaned child with its mother, like a weaned child is my soul within me. Put your hope in the LORD both now and forevermore." Psalm 131