Sunday, March 11, 2007

HIS Beautiful Body


I was blown away this morning by the absolute BEAUTY of the BODY OF CHRIST...the church! I hear so much whining and complaining about the "church" not being what people want it to be so I just remind them that we are it!! I am the body, you are the body...we are the church. But, before I start to rant, I will get back to what touched me so deeply this morning when I was "at" church...

During worship I found myself "people watching" - we have a very unique way of doing church which I just love. The freedom, the movement, the color, the sound, the incredible spirit of excellence in those leading us into the throneroom. I felt so priviliged just to be a part of this unified, yet very individual act of loving on God. I realize that I need to be disciplined for the most part to focus on Jesus during this time (closing my eyes usually helps), but I was so smitten by the beauty I saw in His Body, that just watching felt like an act of worship.

So I drank in the beauty...watching the myriad of amazing different little scenarios in front of me...children dancing, playing, cuddling with their parents, wandering past and smiling up shyly at me. Living in the moment, learning by watching and imitating, just being, bringing great glory to their Creator. Individuals reaching up to God - loving Him, interacting with Him and losing themselves in the act of worship. The band suddenly stopping and allowing the Body to sing accapella..."I will give you all my worship"... The words being sung out into the cosmos...causing God to clap His Hands and throw back His head with pleasure. Ahhh, the amazing wonder that we can touch His heart and bring Him joy by gathering together in unity to tell Him how truly WONDERful He is.

Something that impacted me very profoundly was one family interacting with their handicapped daughter. It was so beautiful I was almost brought to tears...seeing how they loved her, held her, danced with her, kissed her and let her freely move from one to the other. The father held a large flag as he would dance around his daughter, letting her enjoy the motion and waving of the huge flag over her. Her older sister walking up to her, kissing her tenderly, continuing to worship and dance with her. Then she would wander over to her mother who held her hands, moving with her to the music and then embracing her - a long deep delicious hug that filled up her tank - this evidenced by the smile and laughter that would spill out of her. Her love tank was so full...she was so amazingly honest about her needs - and they were freely and joyously met. Her delight was obvious and such a pleasure to watch. How the Heavenly Father dances over us, waving flags of color, of victory, of deliverance...as he delights in us. May we have eyes to see so that we can smile into his eyes and laugh with delight as we enjoy the pleasure He takes in us. What a wonder, what a marvel...the beautiful, beautiful Body of Christ. Being made more beautiful in the midst of brokenness and humility.

I feel like I can't even begin to describe the beauty I saw in all that went on around me - worshiping in a different way, by watching. Seeing Jesus in the flesh - loving what I saw and being so happy to be a part of this amazing Body - the Bride of Christ. She who is being made beautiful through suffering, perseverance, overcoming and obedience. Beautiful because of that ultimate amazing sacrifice of her Lover Jesus.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello my dear friend. I feel very out of touch, since I have been away for some time and still feel away in my spirit. Why is re-entry after a tropical vacation so difficult? I feel like my spirit is sinking into a dark hole. My own blog remains vacant of new entries as I struggle with all that needs to be done now that I'm home again. I've just navigated through your website for an update and was delighted with all your postings. Left a comment on your March 2nd posting, Here's to Good Health. Feel the need to lie in bed with you one afternoon for a prayer session. I have some prayers of desperation that need expression and a witness. It's been a long time since we've done that. Remember when people would make comments to us about our amazing spiritual strength and we'd look at each other knowing we were just two desperate women, weak and hemmoraging, hands extended to touch the hem of the cloak of Jesus. Mark 8:25-34
Oh, how I need the purity and power of Jesus to flow into my being. So, 10 minutes later, I am still trying to publish this comment with no success. I will try anonymous this time.
Island Melody

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it worked this time. I am so not a techie. How can my user name and password be rejected when it worked for the comment I published on your Good Health post? Why is the tech world so daunting at times?
Island Melody

Anonymous said...

So glad you're back. I've been checking for posts on your blog, but am happy to find these precious words here in my "comments". We will connect & PRAY & catch up soon! So glad you're my always friend, no matter how long passes between our meetings...Rest in Him, Beloved, All is most well!
Battle Maiden