Friday, March 9, 2007

Keep On Asking...


Spring is most definitely in the air - oh glorious sunshine, oh sweet blue sky, oh gentle breezes come to breathe hope into weary souls. Reminders that prayers long ago prayed WILL one day spring to life...just gotta keep believing and waiting and hoping. It will come. Just like this winter has felt endless at times, spring is moving in and taking over. YESSSS!!!

Was reading today out of Luke and came upon one of my favorite passages...the one that tells me it's worth hanging on - to believe that spring is coming even when it keeps snowing! To believe for miracles & answers to prayer despite seeing the opposite over and over again.

"So I say to you, keep asking, and it will be given to you.
Keep searching, and you will find.
Keep knocking, and the door will be opened to you.
For everyone who asks receives, and the one who searches finds,
and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened..."
Luke 11:9,10


If that isn't just the greatest news! At the end of that passage Jesus reminds us that God is willing to give the Holy Spirit to those who ask... Funny - when I read that whole passage I focus more on the asking, knocking and seeking - thinking of the different things I've been petitioning God for over the years. But I rarely ask for more of the Holy Spirit.

So today I ask for more of YOU - Precious Amazing HOLY SPIRIT. Cause You're the One who can help me to be conformed into the image of Jesus - you're the one who counsels, convicts, comforts and reveals Jesus to me. Pretty AWESOME!! Yeah - I definitely need more of You and so I ask for more. In obedience and in anticipation. I need a spring season in my spirit and You're the One who can cause new growth and the hope that accompanies the season.


No comments: