Friday, February 3, 2023

Clinging Tightly, Burning Brightly

Hello Dearly Beloved Friends, 😇 (First newsletter to let friends in on my healing journey which received the most beautiful responses of love and support... overwhelmingly so...) 


Hope this note finds you well! 
I wish I was e-mailing you with a report of myself holidaying somewhere beautiful and warm, but my journey has taken an abrupt turn in another direction.
I’ve recently had a diagnosis that I have an 'inoperable mass' on my pancreas. (nicknamed 'Herbie the hitchhiker’ whom I have informed must disembark asap!) My health has been up and down for quite a while, so now I know what was going on behind the scenes.  I’ve opted not to go for chemo or radiation but have chosen an alternative path and am seeing doctors and am taking soooo maaaany supplements!  

I have been very much at peace (for the most part) and have experienced God’s amazing grace in great measure for which I am so grateful.  I know all my days are written in God’s book and I will fulfill them as He gives me breath and strength.  “As my days, so shall my strength be.” Deut. 33:25 That’s good news!

If you would like to be on a list that gets a little update now and then to use for prayer then please e-mail me back just saying “yes” and I will keep you on! Otherwise I will delete you as I know what it’s like to get too much mail!  Future updates should be shorter than this one.  And if you’d like me to pray for you, e-mail me!  

Prayer Points: - you can keep it simple and just pray for my complete healing, or, if you like details, here is the list: 
*Ability to digest food without discomfort. 
*Tumour to disappear with no metastasis. ( be GONE in Jesus’ Name!)
*Healing of my Right shoulder (injured last June - still not doing great as it’s out of alignment despite good Chiro/massage on a regular basis)
*Peace that passes understanding for myself and my dear kids & family (especially Patrice & Elsie)
*Complete Healing & deep restful sleep for me (minimal or no spasms and pain)
*That what the enemy has meant for evil in my life would be turned around for GREAT GOOD!  Because Jesus is able to do exceedingly and abundantly MORE than all we can even ask or imagine.  

And mostly that God’s presence would be tangible and that He would give me health, strength, and passion to keep “Clinging Tightly and Burning Brightly” to Jesus. That is my motto 🔥 He is my love and my GOOD SHEPHERD.  

Thanks for standing with me and for your love. 
You are all amazing friends (whether you want the prayer updates or not!)
May He be glorified in all of our lives…

Always in Jesus, 
Karen ❤️



No comments: