Monday, February 13, 2023

Island Getaway


Having a "time away" on the island with the kids.
The trip over the mountains was exhausting but I did it and arrived to a lovely warm welcome at Patrice's where I promptly fell asleep on her easy chair.  Willow was so happy to see me and she cuddled right in beside me. 


It was so nice to get to see Patrice's new living arrangement and to spend time with her there.  Her tiny house is being rented out to another A Rocha worker and Patrice is enjoying having company in her new place with her room-mate Carly - the farmer! 


The next morning we drove into Vancouver to pick up Daniel and then headed to the ferry to begin our little island adventure. 


Here's a picture of his new home and the blue skies that showed up for our send off. 


The suite Daniel reserved is right on the ocean and the kids wasted no time in donning their bath robes, cinderella slippers and heading out to the steam room and hot tub. 


Supper was an extravagant affair at the resort restaurant overlooking the ocean.



A special drink for each of us was ordered to toast the 36 year anniversary since the accident! 
(Mine was a sample which was just the perfect size with a sweet flavour)


Obviously God has a purpose and destiny for each of us to fulfill and so we are alive for such a time as this.


Decadent meals were ordered...
and watching the kids enjoy all the flavours and exquisite cuisine was definitely worth it. 
They are both such foodies making the experience so much richer.
I haven't been eating much so I ordered a side dish of mushroom risotto and had tastes of their two different fish dishes. 
Super yummy! 


All of the food looked like fancy artwork!

The dessert didn't disappoint either -  lavender ice-cream and three tiny lemon curd tarts served with fruit and meringue
 
Soooo special and delish!


This resort has a strangely beautiful arrangement of lights and flowers giving the place a disneyish feel so we didn't quite know how we felt about that, but it's all about the experience and doing this with the kids is just so special. 

The room, as beautiful and perfectly situated as it was didn't work well for me as the bed was too high and the toilet was definitely not accessible for me, but Patrice and Daniel are my superstars, lifting and helping me. 

It's always so difficult when I am out of my element and need to be so dependent.  The bed was so soft that I literally could not lift myself up into a sitting position or get out of it. 
Felt like being in quicksand, but thankfully nights come to and end and joy cometh in the morning as the good book reminds us! 

 

No comments: