Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Beautiful & Bittersweet


Yes, joy cometh in the morning...

Look at the glorious blue bird day we awoke to, this view right out of our front window. 

We called the front desk to let them know about our inaccessible "accessible" room and they immediately upgraded us to a gigantic end suite on a higher floor. 



The king bed is even higher in this suite, but there is a Murphy bed that we will figure out and I can use the 2nd bathroom without a "lift" so that's good. 


The clear day gave us an amazing view of the snow capped mountains glowing in the afternoon sun across the water. 


We decided to head to a sweet little village called Cumberland to do some sightseeing and to grab lunch and coffees since the day was so lovely. 


We hit up a quaint bakery that smelled heavenly and grabbed a chocolate croissant and a Cronut for dessert which we ate while checking out a lake and some mountain bike trails that Daniel is interested in visiting at a future date.


My mother's heart is full and happy to have time with these two treasures. 



How did this happen, that two such stellar adults are now my  lifelong companions and friends and forever family?


They fixed a delicious meal of salmon, potatoes and asparagus for supper.
Watching them work together effortlessly in the kitchen brought my heart so much joy.
As much as I feel like I should be the one serving them, the tables have turned and I am now being cared for and waited on with so much love and kindness.

 
It's bittersweet and beautiful.


His goodness and mercy follow me, as undeserving as I am.
I am forever grateful for the love and kindness of these kids.


I spent time in the night listening to worship from a revival that is breaking out on University Campuses in the States. 
It brings me to tears and I watch from a distance telling God - "here too"!!
Come set our hearts on fire here... everywhere!

After a rough night of spasms &. sweating and waking Patrice up to help me change my position we awoke to this glorious view from our bed.

It's all tangled together, the hardship and the goodness.

This is boot-camp, after all.

Preparation for the biggest and best and most magnificent forever that is just a breath or two away...

No comments: