Saturday, February 4, 2023

BOUQUETS of LOVE



Sometimes heaven just touches earth and we are caught up in so much sweetness, joy and love we don't quite no how to contain it or even comprehend it...


Saturday was one of those days.

Lisa made a plan for us to gather to feast and worship at my place and our little prayer tribe all showed up, each one of them bringing food and carrying a glorious bouquet of exquisite flowers which they presented to me.


How does one respond to such extravagance and undeserved love and kindness?



I just opened my arms wide and received and received, overwhelmed with this outpouring of goodness.

I mean... just look and behold the outrageous beauty!! 



Bouquets of pure love, 
turning my home into a fragrant flower garden.


We began with prayer and communion, nourishing our souls on the goodness of God, 
remembering the sacrifice of our beautiful Saviour, Jesus. 
Honouring the giver of every good and perfect gift. 


We feasted and then we sang.
Arms upraised, the music swirling around us, heaven's kisses pouring down, we worshiped with abandon and love.
It's ALWAYS a good time to give thanks and to proclaim the goodness of God.

Donara showered me with rose petals as we sang and it was all so very good. 


I don't deserve friends like these, such kindness and pure love, but God doesn't give us what we deserve. He just pours out love and draws us closer and closer into His beautiful heart...


In the midst of all this my sweet friends Kaitlin, Anna, and Levi showed up before flying off to Calgary to say a quick goodbye.

And lo and behold they too were holding two massive bouquets of gorgeous flowers!! 

Only God can plan something like this, so once again I opened my arms and received, exceedingly and abundantly more than all I could even ask or imagine.
It really does happen!! 

We took the opportunity to pray for these precious ones and send them off with words of courage and hope as they set their sails for new beginnings. 

We, the children of God, are able to celebrate and live with wild abandon despite any untoward events or diagnosis or trials that the world tries to throw our way because we know who has the final word, and it's always  GOOD! 

"Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."
Amen 



No comments: