Monday, March 28, 2022

March Marvels


Slowly...Suddenly

SPRING! 
 

There has been sweet rain falling from heaven, preparing the earth for new growth and coaxing colours back onto the canvas that is my world. 


Lovely, precious, eager little harbingers of the new season.
They make my heart smile.
Tiny regal princesses and princes. 


On this particular day it was as if the valley woke out of her cold slumber and began to sing an ancient song back to her Creator...
live
grow
thrive
rejoice
get ready,
 the King is coming!


While dropping off a birthday gift for a friend I made my way down the hill, pausing to admire the  riotous clouds making way for shafts of glorious light to shine down on the lake, spread out like a ribbon of gold below.


Trees, tall and hopeful reaching heavenward along the still lakeside, some already spreading out their new spring growth,
whispers of the beauty yet to unfold. 


Picnic tables empty and still, awaiting the coming days of heat and merriment... 


This place, this familiar space I call home is calling out, as deep calls to deep, 


"Listen!
I hear my lover's voice.
I know it's Him coming to me - 
leaping with joy over mountains,
skipping in love over the hills
to come to me..."
Song of Songs 2:8


In many ways I feel like these stark, naked trees,
pruned and cut back,
waiting,
wondering,
groaning, 
longing to be clothed with new life, 
to bear much fruit, 
to see my Lover receive the reward of His suffering, in my life
and beyond. 


No comments: