Saturday, March 26, 2022

Smaller and Quieter



I realize I post far too many dog pictures, but my life has felt small and therefore the little things make up a big proportion of my days.
I'm so grateful for the companionship and comfort I am afforded with this gift.

She keeps digging in the dirt and running like a banshee all over the place but she is my little darling.
Keeps me entertained.


The birds have also been a delight and I have seen more doves than I can ever remember out here this year.  


One day I counted seventeen of them sitting in two trees outside my kitchen window.
There is something hauntingly beautiful about their cooing and the sound often takes me back to Hawaii.


 I've got another wedding coming up on the property...


Jenna and Aaron are getting married in May and they have been over for supper discussing their dreams and have been scouting out the property.  


Jenna's family was over recently with Jan & Coral and Mohsen.


Since none of us have gone back to the church we all attended we don't see each other as often anymore so I made the leap and had them all over for yummy crockpot steak and veggies!


It was a blessing to reconnect and to pray together.
Everyone is fighting a hard battle it seems, but together we are stronger and prayers of agreement move mountains! 


We are trusting for more miracles for our dear friend Mohsen who has gone through some very hard years following a "road rage" type incident where he almost lost his life. His family lives in Iran so he's all alone in Canada. 
Jan and Coral have been loving on him and doing a ton of practical stuff to help him through a very rough patch he's going through right now. 


I also have to make mention of this sweet woman, Marsha.
The Lord sent her to live with Elsie last November and she has brought unbelievable amounts of light and love and laughter to Elsie and to our little family. 


We've been having a few meals at Elsie's place since she's had more energy and her downstairs renter Susan is turning out to be an amazing friend and blessing as well.


As much as my winter has been quieter and my world has felt "smaller" the Lord surrounds me with the finest friends and with so much beauty.
 

No comments: