Thursday, March 10, 2022

In Like a Lamb


These are the kinds of snapshots I'm getting from Daniel this winter.
So gorgeous - him and the scenery. 
(I know, I'm his mom and I'm biased.)
He is doing so much better now and has found his groove in the playground that surrounds Vancouver.
Skiing or mountain biking, depending on the weather. 
That smile just melts my heart!


Patrice was home on a little mental health break and it was lovely to be with her, despite some anxiety issues she is working through. 
I wish it didn't have to be, but it is, 
and she is learning skills and finding her way through.


I'm so proud of her and thankful for time together, even though I wish it could be under different circumstances. 
The puzzle we finished was her gift to me at Christmas.
It was remarkably difficult, but it felt therapeutic to work on it while Patrice was making phone calls, finding solutions and implementing them in order to obtain a measure of equilibrium.  
Meanwhile, I was sitting for hours, putting together the cabin and trees, feeling so accomplished every time the pieces fit. 
It felt like a visible picture of her journey.


It turned our beautifully so I'm taking that as a positive sign.


As usual, Willow was in heat during her visit here, (this is the third time now) but thankfully Winnie is NOT, making the whole scenario much easier.  


Willow is such a chill, lovely dog so she's easy to have around and very compliant.
Winnie, on the other hand is a bit of a noisy whirlwind. 
But I love them both and am thankful for humorous diversions! 


My TV had died so it was very providential that Vic was around earlier to help me choose a new one and that Patrice was here to instal it! 
Ahh, the providence of God to provide for me in countless ways.

I'm so often surprised when things stop working or break.  I feel like they are still quite new and then realize that they could possibly be 20 years old or so... 


But these two gems are far more than 20 years old and they are still going strong!
Well, strong is maybe an overstatement for Mom, but Tante Hilda is a wonder at 91!
She's been having to climb four flights of stairs (or is it 8) to get to her apartment since the elevator hasn't been working for several weeks!!


It was lovely to have Mom over again and to enjoy her sweet laughter and company. 


Those two sisters know how to have FUN! 


Patrice enjoyed time with friends and her very pregnant friend Kristen came over with two of her four little ones.  
I can't even remember the name of this little darling, but I do know she was here with her brother Jasper and that Elliot was the one in the oven!  
Such fun names. 


Also, this happened.
From muppet to model... thanks to the neighbourhood dog salon! 


Here she is dragging her monkey around.
The whirlwind...


Before she left for the coast, Patrice popped in to see Oma at the care home.
So precious to get an inside glimpse of her life and to make sure she's being well taken care of.


Since Hannah was going to the coast to visit a friend it was perfect timing for Patrice to catch a ride and they were off!


Hannah has named her new car "Edelwiess" which seems very fitting for a Swiss miss! 


And March has entered like a sweet Lamb with the beginnings of tulips and sunshine... 



No comments: