Sunday, March 20, 2022

I did a BIG THING


It's Patrice's birthday.
The first day of Spring and there is glory all around.
Bluebird sky and birds a-singing! 
She was happy to know there was sunshine here when I called her to wish her a happy day. 


I generally feel very celebratory on my kid's birthdays, even when I'm not with them, but this year I  out-did myself.


I bought this big beauty today and I'm in shock.
I've been wanting to do some camping and to be able to travel to places that don't necessarily have wheelchair facilities, so after years of hunting and wishing and shopping around I finally just made the plunge and bought this sprinter, sight-unseen!!

Sometimes it makes me want to cry that I feel so alone in making these big decisions and there are so many more to come with this purchase, but somehow it was time.
God is with me, always and forever.
I have to trust that certain impulses are from Him and He will rescue even if I mis-read a cue here or there. 
I remind Him that He has promised to be my Husband and oh, how amazing He has been when I look back over the years and see His kind provision and endless help and guidance along the way. 
I wasn't prayer-less going into this, but I also didn't have any great moments of divine inspiration. 
A plunge of faith and a present bought on Patrice's birthday for my coming 60th year. 

So there she sits, as big as life.
Making me a little nervous. 

The adventure has begun.
I do comfort myself knowing that if it doesn't work out I can turn around and sell her pretty easily because she's in such good shape and people are eager to take advantage of the outdoors.  

So that's that!! 


The days leading up to this momentous occasion were also eventful.

Another Hobbit night that was a nail biter ...


The dragon was finally defeated and cast down!

This series has spoken to me on many levels and this third instalment did not disappoint in any way.  
So many "aha" moments and rich themes that mirror what life has been feeling like in this past season of upheaval and unrest.
A good reminder that the dragon we are dealing with will indeed be defeated.

We got to enjoy some more scrumptious fare while we sat on the edges of our seats.


Ceia created an amazing spaghetti squash dish that was filled with tasty meat and covered with baked cheese.  
YUM! 

I was able to host a little birthday supper for my dear friend Michelle who was turning 50 which was very special.


Actually, hosting is all I did!  
Dear Donara brought the supper and dessert since I had been out and didn't have the energy to prepare. 



There was also a lovely gathering with Matthew and the micro-board members.


We like to get together even when it's not on "official business" and as you can see, we know how to party! 


No comments: