Wednesday, March 21, 2018

A Party on Top



It was only fitting that I celebrated my daughter's birthday with one of my favourite things.
According to the barista it was a mocha with "a party on top"! 
It was also fitting that I celebrate with my dear friend Louise who is back from her other home which is now in Serbia (her husband's birth place).
Louise was involved in Patrice's life almost from the beginning; teaching her swimming, hanging out with us at events and praying for and mentoring her over the years. 


Louise has recently retired giving us more time to connect and she's a good one at making sure connections are put on the calendar and actually happen! 
A friend for all seasons.


I also popped by Elsie's place so we could run some errands together with this little sweetheart who is always along for the ride.


I popped in to see Mom and Dad and at the Village where they were celebrating the March birthdays, so I was at a birthday party & eating cake with Mom on Patrice's birthday - also the first day of Spring.
So very much to celebrate.


Patrice put on her own birthday party at A Rocha inviting a variety of friends, staff members and interns.
She made some delicious pizza dough, had others bring toppings and I got Daniel and Nicole to pick up a big cake and some drinks to complete the outdoor party fun.



What a great venue for a birthday party! 



There is a beautiful wood-fire oven to create perfect pizzas! 


Apparently the Mocha Cream Cake was a hit as well.


I'm so grateful my beautiful, smart, fun, thoughtful, hardworking girl has found her tribe and is making a beautiful life, doing valuable work and enjoying sweet friendships at the Coast.
It's amazing how a mother's heart can release her children with joy when they are on a good path and in a good place.


No comments: