Sunday, June 4, 2017

Uninterrupted




I got a ride home with these two fabulous humans. 

I so rarely go anywhere without my car because of the wheelchair lift and because of how much harder it is for me to get in and out of other vehicles, but this time I left my red Zipper at home and traveled with family.
Patrice was my chauffeur on the way down and she stayed at the coast to do more camping and to be part of her friend Joanna's bachelorette party.


So I was thrilled to get a ride home with Daniel and Nicole and it was just a pleasure to get to spend a few uninterrupted hours with them. 
Strangely, family is not always that easy to connect with for any length of time.
These two in particular are very busy with all sorts of things and they are very social so I have to be far more intentional about carving out time that works for them. 


We ferried over to the mainland on a beautiful afternoon.
Had to say farewell to some of our wedding companions - the Zeitner trio! 


..and then we were zooming along the highway headed for home.
Had a nice time visiting with the kids en-route and was grateful for the opportunity to travel with them.


Sadly, Nicole gets motion sickness, so with me taking up the front seat she was relegated to the back after she switched off driving with Daniel. 
She didn't complain though - I was feeling the love.


1 comment:

Diwakar said...

Hello Battle Madian. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I did comment on your earlier post too. I am glad once again to visit your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with you once again and also know you and about your maiden's voyage with the post Uninterrupted. I enjoyed your post. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. Recently I was in Vancouver and preached in the Street Church down town where you find people with addicted with drugs. My heart was broken to see them worst then animal. But was encouraged to see and get involved in the ministry of Street church to these drugs addict. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 38 yrs in the great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reachout to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have such young people whom you know have missions interest to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. I came to Calgary, Alberta to visit my son and his family. He works for Mustered Seed which works amongst drugs addicts and homeless people in Calgary. I would loved to visit you and be encouraged. Looking forward to hear from you very soon.