Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Friends & Family



It's amazing how quickly you can feel connected to people when you're all part of the extended family of God.


This gal, Liz, has worked her way quickly into all of our hearts and she has become not only friends with my kids, but my friend as well.  So, when her family came to visit from Ontario we had a wonderful time connecting and getting to know each other over a yummy fish dinner.


I also put everyone to work pulling a rather large branch to the back yard.  


It had blown off one of our pretty flowering trees during another one of our big windstorms.
The branch was the size of a small tree so I was happy to have so many willing workers at my disposal.


Many hands make light work, as they say.


I met up with Arnold downtown to hear his stories and to share a cup of delicious coffee.
He continues to love Jesus and pray for people he meets on the streets. He is a true evangelist!


These two beautiful people stopped in for a visit ad prayer time before they went over to my mom's place.
Uncle Paul Thiessen  is my mom's cousin and his wife Louise is his faithful companion.
It just worked out that another cousin (Mary Pries) from this grouping was visiting from Calgary with her husband so they all had a delightful spontaneous reunion, ending with them all standing in a circle and praying. (even my dad joined in!) 

A formidable legacy of prayer warriors and lovers of God goes before me!


No comments: