Thursday, April 20, 2017

April Bits and Bites



We've been praying for "rain" this month at church, more in the spiritual sense, but there has been plenty in the natural as well!
The grass is unusually green and lush and those heavy clouds have been creating a dramatic backdrop for the season.


There's also been enough sunshine to bring out the blossoms and to allow for a sweet little picnic with Mom and Dad in their yard. 


Teen burgers were on special for these two young pups.  
It was so lovely to find a new easily accessible place to be outdoors.
It's actually been there all along but we haven't taken advantage of it.
I know that there's a little nudge from God in that scenario.
How many beautiful blessings are just under our nose that we don't notice?! 
Better late than never!  
This will be happening more often...


Easter Sunday was really beautiful at the Anglican Church.  Patrice had the idea to go there and I was all in.
Plus I love the coffee and snacks afterwards with the opportunity to say hi to some friends and do some connecting.
Patrice left for her A Rocha Community and some time at Galliano Island in the afternoon.


These two cutie pies continue to fill our home with music,conversation and the occasional spat.
Tremendous cuteness.
I feel endlessly privileged to live with God's precious little creatures up close and personal. I'm sure my yard is going to be full of animals in heaven.
And they will be talking. 
Ha!  I think CS Lewis got the whole idea right in his Narnia download.


These Spring evenings smell so fresh and the sky is proclaiming the glory of God.
Over and over and over again...



I'm on auto pilot when it comes to taking pictures of Moose.
Unfortunately Ladybug isn't nearly as photogenic and her features get lost in the black furry mass that her head has turned into.
Time to head to the Salon.


I recently received a beautiful pot of Spring flowers from my lovely friend Gayle.
She makes the world more beautiful wherever she goes with her kindness and generosity.


Here's a picture of my work mug which was being used for coffee this week as I had two migraine mornings.
Ugh. 
So glad for medication.
While waiting for my healing to manifest...


Today I went up to Mom and Dad's to join them for lunch since it was pouring rain outside.
Look at that cozy little scene.
It was Mom's first day of being able to prepare a more "normal" meal together with Dad.  She's daily gaining strength after that stroke and isn't needing to sleep as much.

No comments: