Friday, February 10, 2017

Still Steeped in Snow




Thank goodness there is somehow more space on my computer so I can post pictures of this gorgeous winter wonderland.
Here are a few snapshots of recent days.


As you can see we are steeped in snow.
Extreme, cold, breathtaking beauty surrounds us.
We're just all tucked in under a blanket of winter that is not wanting to end.





Patrice has been doing an online math course which requires hours of focused brain power.  


When she's not studying she is often making delicious food items for our happy consumption. 
This here below is a cashew, coconut cream blueberry tart.
...
I know, right?  


My weekday mornings look something like this, repeated about 5 or 6 times with the sweetest kids imaginable.
They are learning to read.



Except for one little guy. 
He's kind of stuck but I have a feeling there are other issues at play so I'm figuring we'll take a break until something is sorted out in his life.


We've also been having ongoing excitement and fun with Lana and Blue Birdie.
She is being very brave in this picture.  For some reason Birdie seems to love tormenting her.
He frequently swoops down over her and lands on her head.
We are LOVING having Lana here with us for this winter season.


This morning I picked up Oma and then Tante Hilda who had to navigate a rather slushy roadside to get into the car and we zoomed off to enjoy a little burger and hot drink at the icy lakeside. 


We even had to open the windows to get some fresh air as it was three degrees ABOVE ZERO!! 


Apparently this is the snowiest winter on record in 70 years.
It's been really lovely and I've had loads of grace to deal with it!  
God keeps surprising and blessing me in so very many ways. 


No comments: