Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Forever Thankful Amen



It's getting to be one of my favourite holidays...

Thanksgiving

It's everything good and lovely and wonderful in a season that is beautiful in a way that renders one speechless.

Also, my son's birthday is in the days leading up to Thanksgiving which is a reason for the most profound gratitude that I know of.
So I took Ron and Daniel and Nicole out to celebrate a rather significant milestone in their lives.  
They both turned 30.  
A number worthy of a pizza feast if there ever was one. 


Daniel was somewhat heavy hearted as he attempted to celebrate the occasion since he had just found out that one of the courses he wasted his summer season on doesn't count towards his degree so now he has to add another course to an already very busy semester.
He's a month behind in the reading for this new course which is a tad overwhelming.
Anyways...I felt his pain as only a mother can and I will believe for him that God will use this for good.


Thanksgiving also meant a big turkey and here I am trying to extract the bag of innards which were frozen in place when I first put the turkey into the oven.


Everything came out fine in the end and the aroma of the wonderfully browned bird filled our home.


Twas a slightly smaller crowd this year but it was ever so cozy and the feast was over the top amazing thanks in large part to my talented daughter.


We also celebrated these two as a family.
With apple pie and pumpkin pie with loads of whipping cream that came out of a spray can.
Such fun!


On Sunday we popped over to our friend's place for the evening to join in with their festivities.


So many wonderful people!


And it was so lovely to have Patrice home for the long weekend.
My cup was so very full.


After Patrice headed back to the coast on Monday evening my dear friend Lisa joined me for a delicious plate of leftovers, communion and prayer.




No comments: