Friday, July 22, 2016

Sweet Friend



My sweet friend (and now mother-in-law of my son) came for a wee visit and we had a lovely few days together.
She is one of the finest human beings I have had the privilege of knowing (for over 30 years now!) and I especially love the depth of her walk with the Lord.  She has known a great deal of loss in her life but she is extraordinarily grateful and kind and focused on the one thing that really matters most in life. 



Marcy loves bird watching so we headed down to the bird sanctuary.
We saw birds!
And also a lot of other really beautiful scenery... 
The longer I live here the more amazed I am at the beauty of this area.
Even when it's cloudy...


She was also very gracious to go shopping with me for new frames for my glasses. 


Daniel and Ron were working on some kitchen cupboards for Gord & Marcy's place so we had some nice visits with them as well. 




There was also some Grandma time which was great!


And of course, little Albert (Birdie) had some one on one with Marcy.


On our last evening together we went out to a restaurant right on the lake and were able to watch lots of kite surfers zooming around on the windy lake.
It was a perfect location and such a nice place to eat dinner!


So cool how the Lord has arranged for this dear friend to be part of my family here on earth and part of my forever family in heaven!




No comments: