Wednesday, July 13, 2016

In Between




Yeah, so in between all of the raspberries and dinners on the patio and other delightful summer activities, I'm enjoying a quiet summer retreat up here on the hill.

Loving it, in fact.

Having the whole house to myself for a bit feels extravagant and amazing.  So very peaceful and fulfilling.

As much as I know I should be careful not to overuse my hands because of the arthritis, they are doing so very much better these past months.  The chelation is supposed to help to regrow the cartilage and I'm doing all sorts of anti-inflammatory supplements that must be helping.

Plus, the prayer. I probably should have listed that first in importance. There has been lots of it over the past couple of years. I've had my hands anointed repeatedly by my faithful, loving, FAITH EXERCISING friend Lisa.  She is just not giving up on God's promises to heal and restore and neither am I. I'd rather go out believing in healing and waiting in expectation than having no hope!

So, I am just delighting in the fact that I have hands that I can use;
*to make meals (lasagne today and potato salad yesterday and a salmon dinner the night before!),
*to do laundry (clean sheets and quilt, all sun dried and reapplied to my bed today),    *to do book-keeping for Elkar (spent a large part of yesterday getting caught up on that),
*to play with my flowers and in my garden (I discovered that the yummy peas that I had planted are actually pretty sweet pea flowers!),
*to play with my puppies and make them their healthy supplements (ended up getting up a couple of times with Moose last night since he has twisted his ankle and was obviously in pain - he finally got a valium embedded in a treat and slept like a baby after that)

Plus I've got loads of time for my Bible Reading, listening prayer, journaling, on line teachings, worship, and declarations.  I can get as noisy and passionate as I want because I don't have to worry about shocking anyone in the house and the dogs are learning to deal with my outbursts.  I can't believe how very kind God is and how He loves to interact with us if we will listen and wait on Him.

He speaks so kindly to me and I muster up the faith to believe that He actually loves me that much and speaks to me with such great affection and patience.
Over and over again He reminds me not to fear.  Ever.  So I'm working on that.

Yesterday as I was listening to Derek Prince I was reminded again that "the blood of Jesus cleanses me CONTINUALLY from sin, as I walk in the light..."

That is just the best thing ever.

So I'm praying that this summer will be one that advances the Kingdom in my life and in the lives of others as I make lots of little choices for good, on a consistent basis.  Because, I've been reminded through some teaching that denying myself for the sake of the Kingdom is a very good thing.  Seems to me that Jesus said that was part of the deal in following Him and I haven't been too diligent in following that up.  So, ...baby steps.

I'm off to prayer now.  What a privilege to meet with other passionate lovers of our King to worship and pray.



 45 Not a single one of all the good promises the Lord had given to the family of Israel was left unfulfilled; everything he had spoken came true.   Joshua 21:45






No comments: