Friday, July 8, 2016

Soccer Buds



These two tall good looking guys have been friends for close to 25 years now.  They were in grade school together and graduated together and here they all these years later playing soccer. Our two families hung around a lot together way back in the day so I have a really soft spot for Jeremy.  
He's a fine, gentle, kind young man.  
And I can't say enough good things about my son so I won't get started right now.  I'll save that for another day, but suffice it to say 
I love him more than words can express.


So it was such a treat for me to come out to watch them play a great game of soccer.  Jeremy scored two of the three goals that won them their game.  


All the prayers that have been prayed over these "boys" will bear even more good fruit.  I'm convinced of it.


There's been lots of rain, lots of sunshine and lots of wind in this beautiful month of July. 


I took this picture of mom the day we had a car picnic and somehow we all ended up at my place having a nap.  Afterwards Mom and Tante Hilda sat out on my front deck to watch a heavy beautiful summer rainfall. 


One evening I was driving home and I saw a few deer in a field so I stopped to watch them.  If you zoom in you can see a buck leaping through the air as he and his buddies took off to greener pastures.  It was a rainy/sunny evening so the picture looks a little odd. 



And I found a great place to buy almost organic cherries.
Delicious cold orbs of juiciness hanging out in the fridge just waiting for me to reach in for a snack. 
Tis a truly wonderful season. 



No comments: