Monday, October 19, 2015

Going Higher



In the midst of this gorgeous fall with birthdays and gatherings and school and everything else that composes my days, there is a glorious unfolding of truth that I am accessing and attempting to incorporate into my life in greater and greater measure.

There are so many layers of this truth finding and incorporating and unfortunately I don't always follow through on the many spiritually and physically life changing solutions I find.

However, it's kind of like a mountain I am ascending. Every time I make a positive choice to worship and pray, when I add another scripture to my "war room wall" to memorize, or when I choose to fast or eat differently for my health I am moving higher up the mountain.  There are times when I get discouraged or give in to my flesh, causing me to slide backwards, but I never stay there.  God has placed His powerful Spirit within me and He empowers me to grab back onto the truth, discipline myself and go higher again.

My friend Lisa and I have begun to set aside more time to "work out" what we are "working in" by going to meetings where we are practising the discipline of waiting on God and listening to His voice.  We are also setting aside an evening where we meet to confess our sins to one another (James 5:16) to pray, worship and decree God's promises.

The time is short and there are so many situations that I personally have influence over, so I don't want to squander my life and my time.  This is serious business.

What am I going to do with "this one wild and precious life" I have been given...?

May it be poured out in worship and service to my Glorious Creator, Savior and Redeemer so that I can positively impact every life He has destined for me to touch.  I have wasted so much time, so very many years in going after my own pleasures, and I know that the fight is still on, every day.

But I have this moment, this day, and thankfully His mercies are new every morning.  He welcomes me into His presence where I am changed and filled with courage and life.

So, in the background of all of these lovely photos and little stories, there is a much bigger story playing out.

It is Christ in Me, the hope of glory.
He is the glorious one.
The ONE THING, the ONE PERSON that I want to be obsessed with.
A truly divine, glorious obsession.


No comments: