Thursday, October 8, 2015

Another Drive



Patrice and I made a sudden and quick trip to Castlegar and back to follow up on the bloodwork  she had done in Trail with a very fine lady doctor.  All is well.


This has been a remarkably pretty time of year to do this drive because...
Well, it's Autumn and it's hard to get a prettier time of year.


Trees like flaming torches scattered amongst the stately green pines. 


We laughed when we saw a group of turkeys crossing the highway.
Right before Thanksgiving weekend.


I guess they were making their big break and skipping out on that particular feast.
Smart turkeys.


And I found the most delightful little drive through coffee place that looked like it was right out of a 50's movie.  Here I purchased a drink that was faaaar too sweet, but delicious none the less.  I needed something to keep me feeling perky since Patrice was sick this time around and I was driving home.  On this trip I realized that my hands don't feel great gripping a steering wheel for four hours straight anymore.  I'll have to look into getting one of those groovy big furry steering wheel covers to keep the arthritic joins happy.


No comments: