Sunday, February 8, 2015

Forgotten Bouquet




Last night I hosted my first house concert.
A friend, Norm Strauss, whose music I love, had suggested the idea this summer as he sat in my home during a wedding interlude.  So we pursued this idea and it morphed into a marvellous evening.

Kind of stressful preparing for it as I just didn't know who would show up - too many or too few guests?! I tend to feel far to responsible.
However, furniture was rearranged creating a big space.


There was a good turnout and it was such an eclectic lovely bunch. So many favourite people here in my home.  The music flowed over us like sweet honey and it filled the room and our hearts.


Norm and  Dave sang and played their songs and shared their stories.  There's an intimate vibe that is created in a home environment and it was warm and friendly.


Dave hadn't played in front of a crowd for quite some time by the sounds of things and it was beautiful to see how honestly he shared his journey and how vulnerable he became in sharing the songs that have sprung from this new place that he is in spiritually.


He was running around like a kid in a candy shop - drinking cup after cup of coffee and exulting in the joy of sharing his craft and story.

I was personally glad he was enjoying the coffee, because it had been quite the effort for me to borrow the coffee maker, find the right beans, get them ground properly and get others to figure out how to use the machine.

After all that I think he may possibly have been the only one who drank some of the the 30 some cups that were brewed. I also set out chips and salsa and humus to keep the music lovers happy.


His wife, a very dear friend of mine, brought along a huge "edible bouquet" for us to put out during the break but we felt it best to put it outside until that time so that the chocolate would stay firm on the strawberries.   Unfortunately we are both over 50, so by the time the last note had been sung and the final guest had left, I went out on the back patio to get something and saw the bouquet still sitting untouched where we had left it, enjoying the cool weather.

Ahhhh!!  So, this morning, (after I had recuperated from some wicked spasms that resulted in a horrible migraine requiring medication and sleep), I grabbed that beautiful edible bouquet and set out in my little red car to make deliveries!


I had such fun stopping to visit loved ones, plucking a chocolate strawberry here and a flower pineapple there to hand over to someone to enjoy.



I picked up Oma, Tante Hilda and Elsie and we took off with our edible bouquet, enjoying the sunshine, nibbling on strawberries, praying and praising with gusto and enjoying the view of the lake and the mountain sheep.  It was a glorious day indeed.


The high praises of God were flowing from our little car and we were changing history with our united declarations and prayers. 


We saw the "hinds feet" on high places and felt like this was a picture from God depicting our position as we worshiped.  


So this forgotten bouquet ended up blessing a beautiful bouquet of people and I had such fun being the dispenser of that joy.



No comments: