Monday, February 9, 2015

Winter Bright



It's Monday.
We are sitting in a cloud up here on the hill.
And it's raining...
A steady warm winter rain.
Melting the remaining ice and snow.
It's not dark, even though the sun is hidden and we are deep in mist.
Magical.


It's winter bright...

Somehow light is getting through the dark clouds and leaving us in a shroud of white.

It feels thus in my soul and I am at rest.
Light and bright.
Warm and cozy.
My dear roommate Sara is making soup.
Patrice is folding laundry while the dogs look on.
Our lovely Becca is in town at work.

We just placed the living room into a very soothing new arrangement.
Fun to have something different.
It was all inspired from the house concert switch up.
The poor dogs have had their bed relocated as a result and I'm not so sure any of us are happy with it's hidden locale.
We enjoy watching them and they enjoy watching us.
These delightful giant living teddy bears.
I am so incredibly happy that they live and breathe and move around us,
Bringing peace and so much laughter.


I'm happy to have this Monday at home.
Feels like I'm on a holiday on a beautiful winter retreat.

God's goodness.
We're sitting in a cloud of Glory.
He swirls around us, this God of love.
This God who makes my winter bright.


No comments: