Monday, October 6, 2014

Twenty Eight Years


My heart is just full tonight.


It's Daniel's birthday and I got to spend a few hours with him today, picking him up from University, taking him out for lunch, taking him shopping to buy the boots he's been wanting and then driving him back for his last class.
Patrice met us at the restaurant which was really sweet.

I hardly have words for how happy this made me.
Just hanging out with my kids.
Sharing pieces of our lives with each other, and enjoying these moments. Dear Nicole had to work and I could sense the missing presence of the sparkle and zip she adds to our gatherings and I'm glad that she's part of us now too.

Oh how God loves us.
That He allows us to share in the privilege of procreating and to taste of a love so sweet, so deep, so profound and so amazing that it hurts.

And this in turn gives us a glimpse of His great love and longing for us.

How can it be?
This great mystery of love and life and family and eternity.

I'm so grateful.

No comments: