Sunday, October 26, 2014

Oh Glorious Fall


I just hardly have words to describe the beauty that is happening outside again.
Autumn.
This season is most likely the most beautiful of all.
I admit that I don't long for fall because I know that winter follows closely on it's heels, however, since it's here I am drinking it in.
My eyes are full of beauty.

Every window in the house becomes a framed painting filled with colours of fire and glory and warmth and harvest.
And the fresh crisp air is just downright good and wholesome - the smells of fall are like no other.



The colours of the silver maple leaves outside my bedroom window turn my room into a golden haven. 


Of the many sunflower seeds I planted, this is the only brave soul that managed to bloom despite the irregular watering schedule.  


And imagine the fun God had as he thought up these spiky delightful flowers. 


Tonight I drove out to Summerland with my Butterfly Gals and we celebrated Lora's birthday.  Truly an occasion worth celebrating.  Last year when she turned 60 she more or less wanted to die, but there has been some metamorphosis going on and she is now reverberating with life and hope and joy.  So we celebrated this year instead which made way more sense.

A metamorphosis and new wind in one's sails is definitely worthy of celebrating.  Unfortunately my phone camera has ceased to work so I haven't got photos of the event.

I also attended a funeral this afternoon of a woman who was a very dear friend of my mom's and the mother of some dear friends, Jeff and Sue.  Beautiful Olga.
She gets to hang out with Jesus now.  Face to face.
Unimaginable joy.


A day of celebrating one milestone and one glorious homecoming.  Again, the joys and sorrows are intermingled on this journey.

No comments: