Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Inch Worm


The other morning as I was rushing off to school I realized I had forgotten my cell phone. So as I was getting out of the car back into my wheelchair to get it I somehow slipped off my transfer board down, down, down onto the cement floor as my other wheelchair slowly lowered off the roof of the car onto me.  I had flicked the wheelchair switch on my way to the cement!

I decided as I sat next to the car that I should probably just start praising God and thanking Him for looking after me.  I asked Him to send someone to rescue me. And if He didn't He would certainly help me to get to the phone...eventually.
I knew that Patrice was working till 3:00, Becca was out of town and Sara was staying at her parent's place.  So I was in for a long day if I didn't start moving.

It was quite the fiasco and it took me some time to untangle myself, get the wheelchair back onto the car and get myself moving in the direction of the phone!
Trying to keep a cushion under my bottom as I scooted along to prevent injury was trickier than I had imagined and it took me about 40 minutes to move about 20 feet.  It's harder than it sounds without any balance and these long legs flopping around...

The dogs were of no help at all but they were company.  I was sitting by the back hall closet feeling rather exhausted when I heard a car drive up!!

Apparently Patrice found herself driving up Spiers with her client, wondering why she was coming all the way up to the orchard for such a little time (she had to make a photocopy).

But I knew why!  God had sent her to rescue me!

She laughed when she saw me all scrunched up on the floor and said "Aw, mama you look like a worm!"  Haha - yes, inching my way to the kitchen.

Anyways, that was such a faith builder and encouragement for me.
And Elsie, if you're reading this it's probably better that you don't tell mom!
Ha!

Isn't that a great story?  Thank you Jesus for another fine rescue!

No comments: