Friday, November 15, 2013

Falling Gently


A grey misty day
Lowslung clouds and rain
and I lay tucked under my cozy blanket.


There are still so many leaves on the trees but gradually they are thinning
Middle of November and still so much color.
I see the golden wisps gently falling as the slightest breeze moves by
How lovely to have the fall move over the land so very slowly...
Entire orchards blaze into orange red  glory,
Drop their leaves and the next one is torched into gold
and so it goes until there are only colourful carpets beneath the branches.



Outside my window is a beautiful yellow glow from the maple tree and I lay here, warm and content.
Thankful for the opportunities to read, listen and visit and of course,
Prayer
Thoughts drop gently into my mind I am able to respond with prayers
Your Kingdom Come...
Your will be done
...Fill them with the knowledge of your will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding
...I pray that their love would abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight so they will be able to discern what is best.
And so on, releasing His glory and divine intervention.

At times it feels so small
These little words these little prayers.
But I have nothing else and no one else but Him
And this is what I know to do
And by this I please Him so I will continue.

Small story.
At church a woman shared with me a picture she had of me being struck in the chest by a large prehistoric  dinosaur kind of dragon with spikes - thinking this would have been the accident.  I concur.  But the dragon has a long tail with barbs and with this he torments me - flicking it at me now and again.  Yes.  With the AD and resulting high blood pressure episodes, spasms, deformity, migraines etc. it has felt like that at times.

She said I am boldly out front in prayer and I need to be covered.
Oh yes, I would like to be covered!

 So at Wednesday night prayer I waited till near the end and then dared to put my needs out there and the little group gathered round.

One man saw a picture of me juggling small sticks - seeming not to be very significant or spectacular but I was enjoying doing this.

Then the picture changed and the sticks became like fire brands which I juggled and there was like a Hawaiian war dance going on with a big army behind me.  The idea being that it is intense warfare and it is powerful.  As small and insignificant as it can seems, it is not.

One woman proclaimed the barbs and tail cut off the dragon which sounded good to me.

Another reminded me in prayer from Romans 8 that if God is for me who can be against me?

This is my truth and my shield.
God.
Always God,
And I will continue to pray as long as He gives me breath.




No comments: