Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Passing Through


Meditating on John 17.
Kind of relieved to read this bit,

"I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world. 15 My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. 17 Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth."

Not like I'm feeling hated or anything. And that should probably concern me more than it does, come to think of it.  It just feels so awkward to live in this world, in the midst of so much pain and heartache with messages of tragedy coming in from all sides. Clearly I have not been obedient in staying away from news and it is telling on me.


I don't handle it very well and feel bogged down with the weight of all the craziness that is abounding in our not yet redeemed world.


So I need to stay off the news sites.
And get sanctified by His Word.
Seriously.

Cause it's really craaazy out there, but my God is more than able to redeem and save.


“Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. 26 I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.”


And it's my job just to stay in Him so that I will know the Father and be all full of that love that is happening in the Holy Amazing Trinity. So that the world may know....


Off to a leadership meeting tonight to continue to hear the Father concerning our present state of "transition". I have complete confidence that He will look after us if we stick really close to Him and get the unity thing happening.




No comments: