Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A Merry Little Christmas


Just so much joy and family and good food...
A very merry little Christmas was celebrated with family and friends and my heart is full and satisfied.


Christmas Eve-Eve at my nieces house,
A crackling fire, soup with the family and gifts for the little ones.
Excitement and noise and fun and laughter.



Christmas Eve so snowy and lovely
Watching skaters circle the ice rink downtown
under the festive lights in the winter dark.
Off to my sister's to sing carols around the piano
the flute and guitar chiming in.
German carols, English carols, goodies and tea.
A sweet Korean and Japanese girl joining in the fun and laughter.
Sharing stories, our homes and our hearts.




Christmas Day found me wrestling a big turkey into the oven at five am and then sneaking back to my cozy bed to finish sleeping while the house filled with the delicious aroma.
A sweet little breakfast with my dear daughter, Belgian Waffles and Chai Egg Nog Latte with a little gift exchange of love.  The most loving tiny Christmas card to warm my heart for many days to come.  I am loved and my heart is so full.

The long table is laid and the precious guests arrive bearing gifts and smiles and love.




So much goodness all circling one table, sixteen of us gathering to worship the King who came so long ago to save, deliver and redeem us.
Oh what a very great reason to gather, to remember and to celebrate.
To eat so much good food with exclamations of delight and thankfulness.


Making merry, the big gift exchange game, laughter and kids running here and there.  (my brother is so much fun as can be see by his antics above!)

In the midst of the merry making dear Alexia who had enjoyed excessive amounts of gravy and food with more gravy was feeling very ill and laying with her grandpa to recuperate.  Meanwhile little Luca had smacked his head on the rock fireplace and was being ministered to with an icepack.  Dear brother Nico was suffering the shame of "time out" due to his involvement with the head smacking.
Alexia lamented so sadly that there was no one to do their scavenger hunt due to all of the difficulties each of them was experiencing, but thankfully there was a miracle of restoration and resurrection and all the kids were prancing about once again.


Running here and there, finding clues and rejoicing with their found treasures.
The day felt complete and happiness reigned supreme once again.
Full hearts and hugs.
Farewells and everyone off to their respective cozy homes.

And for me the privilege of taking my loving brother and his wife to the airport, some sweet moments of reprieve to share our hearts before the final goodbye.

The drive home alone through the wintery stillness.
His presence filling the car and I, overwhelmed with His kindness, passion and
parts of His heart that He allows me to share and carry,
the tears, the intercession the hope and the glory.
Heaven came near.
Emmanuel in my car that night.
Emmanuel in my life.  Always and forever.
The hope and the glory.




Always clinging tightly
Always burning brightly...
My beautiful sister continues to overcome - her life such a sweet gift, a fragrant aroma.







And one last drive to be with precious friends
One last gift exchange, more laughter, more tea, more goodies,
Apples to apples and oh so much fun!


MORE LOVE!!
I am rich.  I am loved.
Daily I am, loaded with benefits.

No comments: