Saturday, December 22, 2012

This Sweet Season



It's snowy out there.
White and silent and cold.
So very lovely and otherworldly at night.
And inside we have twinkle lights and Christmas music.
Two tiny Christmas trees and two big stockings


One nativity where the manger is still empty, after all these years.
You'd think I'd have found a good baby Jesus by now
Since it's all about Him.
Funny that.
I purchased the nativity at a very discounted price because of the absence of the
main CHARACTER.
It doesn't really matter until Christmas Eve
Which is when he should be found in the manger.
I'll have to do something about that.
One of these years...

But we don't forget about Him.
And the big party is coming.
Family is gathering, but sadly there has been sickness
interfering with plans and visits, but we're all accounted for which is good.
We're making the best of things and hopefully we'll all be good by Christmas Eve.

Meanwhile I've been using my sick time at home to rest up.
And today I was well enough to get my yearly newsletters addressed and stamped.
Our story will wing it's way to mailboxes and into the warm hands and hearts of friends and family, far and wide.
Others will be sent by e-mail, messages of love and stories of the year.
And I in turn eagerly read the missives sent my way,
Happy to hear stories of the ones I love.

Gifts have been purchased and packaged.
Sweet anticipation of the gatherings of young and old.
Family and friends.

My beautiful Savior will be celebrated.
Not forgotten in the partying.
The old carols cause tears to well
The candles spill their light into the darkness,
Just as our Jesus came as a light into this world.

Oh what a glorious story.
The humble beginnings, the horrific climax, the magnificent miracle of resurrection and the soon and coming reunion.



No comments: