Monday, April 9, 2012

privileged

Had an amazing experience recently.
I was at a meeting where we all announced our names and what we did for a living. Once the intro was over we just continued on with the subject at hand.
However, having heard that I work with people who struggle with dyslexia and reading problems, one of the participants was able to obtain my e mail and sent me a note to see if I could help him.

In his late forties, he had always struggled with reading and felt greatly saddened by his struggle. He had never told anyone, not even his adult child about his condition though.
Until he wrote this letter.

Which of course prompted me to write a lengthy reply with different bits of advice and information to help him if he was interested.

Here is part of his reply...


By just opening a very little bit of my problem it gives already a huge different of
how i feel,i thank you.. karen and God the Father so much for giving me this opportunity.
Hopefully one day... i can do something back for you.



I feel so grateful to do something so small to give such great encouragement to someone. The power of bringing things into the light is amazing to me.
How sad to know that the enemy keeps so many people bound in shame and darkness...

I'm so grateful for what I have been able to learn so that I can be part of the solution for people.
To let them know they are not alone, they are not stupid, and there is help available!


No comments: