Thursday, April 26, 2012

farewell forties


The rainiest day of the year thus far has ended.  The heavens opened and poured down refreshment upon the land and I was soaked repeatedly as I got out of the car to go in to school, when I came out of school, when I went into Costco and again when I came out.  The air was sweet with fresh spring smells, the birds were singing and the green colors were vibrant everywhere I looked.  And now this day is done.  As is my fortieth decade.


It is somehow fitting that I lay here recuperating from a violent round of spasms and another migraine headache as I close off this decade and prepare to enter my Jubilee Year.  These are familiar things I would love to leave behind me as I roll into my fifties, however that doesn't appear to be an option and they have been instrumental in forming my character and increasing my perseverance.  Therefore I will be thankful and set my face into the wind trusting God to continue to give me the grace to endure and enjoy what He allows into my days.

There have been many wonderful redeeming beautiful times in these last years as well as the trying times, both physically and emotionally.

It was eight years ago that I underwent that fateful surgery that sent me off into years of unbelievable battle with severe spasticity in my torso.  These spasms continue but thankfully have lessened significantly over the years and I have incorporated them into my exercise regime and pray that the elevated pressure resulting will not cause any permanent damage!

It was seven years ago that I parted ways with my husband of 22 years and I am grateful that we have done so without animosity and we remain friends.


My children have been a blessing beyond measure and I have been able to watch each of them mature into incredible adults with hearts of righteousness.  I look forward to years of friendship as our relationship matures  and I will continue to pray unceasingly for their "love to abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight so they may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Christ Jesus.."

My dear son has chosen a wonderful wife and our little family has expanded.  I am delighted with my new daughter and I love her dearly and feel loved in return.  What more could I ask for?

My house is full of lovely young ladies and I am able to enjoy community with them.  The doggies provide all of us with great joy and amusement.

My parents are well and I am abundantly rich in family and good friends.
I finish this decade with thanks to God.
He is my rock and my salvation, my strength and my song.

He is my shield and my very great reward!






No comments: