Saturday, December 31, 2011

Holidays!



Oh glorious holidays!!
The week after Christmas stretched out before me in all its luxuriousness...
Long empty days waiting to be filled with fun and adventures.
With wonderful opportunities to fill my house with lovely people!

Without work to fluff out my schedule I find I get bored so quickly...
And I didn't feel much like adventuring outdoors or shopping
So thankfully I had some very dear guests all the way from Newfoundland to brighten my week.



They came with their son Danny (who was my adopted son when he lived here) to fill my kitchen with laughter and warmth and a very noisy little new addition!
Danny is such a wonderful vision of answered prayers.
He was on a bit of a rebellious detour when he lived here a number of years ago and he married into a wonderful Godly family and is now a loving husband and father.
WOW. Never stop praying. Never stop believing.
Miracles are there for the asking!! '

I love how God brings people into my life.
And how He adds so much goodness and richness...
I get to be a part of their journey, praying and loving alongside and they get to be a part of mine.
Surprises that drop out of heaven.

I had another little party as well - an interesting combination of friends to sit around the table and snack and laugh and share.... I just get so happy to put food on the table, to light the candles and to create a space for communion.


We need each other so much.
Community.
Fellowship.
The Body.

Last week I had the "neighborhood" party to scout out the land and see how I could bless my neighbors. To see who is out there sharing this glorious piece of land.

The guys from across the street came again - so kind, so friendly.
They even brought a gift on Christmas Eve!
I will continue to lift them up before our kind Father.
The German couple came bringing me an advent wreath made from pine boughs.
Praying for open eyes and tender hearts to know the Love of God.

And the new neighbors whose house is seen from my bedroom window.
Unique family with four amazing children with names like Stormie and Winter, Jack and Frank!
How fun is that? I played cards with Frank.
So even though I don't know exactly what's next, I know who they are.
There are faces to the names and hearts created for relationship with their Creator.
I can pray. I will pray.
I will pray for opportunities to show kindness.

And tonight is New Year's.
Another chance to party!! Although sadly, so many of our kids don't come to our Saturday night gatherings anymore. So we continue to meet and make the place available.
Good food and warm fellowship.
Just in case.
And it keeps us together.
There's always someone who needs to be included and we need to have that anchor in our week.
Three families experiencing the joys and trials of life with our children.
A gift of incredible value.

So tonight we round a corner and head into the New Year.
I'm going to be asking the Father what special prayers He'd like me to proclaim over my loved ones in this coming year.
Because His Word changes Lives.
Living and Active. Powerful. Jesus.
Maranatha

No comments: