Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Wind & Rain & Wedding Bells



This past weekend my brother got married.
Words can barely express my delight at this most marvelous event.
Seriously - it was so much redemption all packed into one occasion that the wind and the rain and the cold that raged on that day could not dampen any of our spirits!
The exquisite joy and peace that radiated from both the bride and groom was, just...
Heavenly!!
My brother related to me how he had tried a few dates through the internet route after his heart had a few years to heal up, but it just didn't feel right so he told God to look after things.
And God sure did just that.
I am so happy to see what a lovely companion the Lord found for him and vice versa.
They are like two peas in a pod and thankfully we've all had a chance to get to know her over these past 10 months or so and to know her is to love her.
God does all things well.

The wedding was just lovely.


Two grandchildren as ringbearer and flower girl stood as still as soldiers throughout the entire ceremony. One smiled unceasingly and the other grimaced with great seriousness until we all pretended to pick our noses in the front row getting him to crack a smile.
The wedding went off without a hitch.
Sixteen and a half minutes long according to someone. Smile.
But the message in those sixteen minutes was powerful.
The gospel. In all it's beauty.
We must remain in Christ if we are to be the lovers, friends, spouses, people we want to become.


The small reception following was full of fun reunions, pictures, laughter, trying to recognize faces that have aged as much as mine has, and of course the requisite cake, punch and fruit.





An intimate reception for family members was later held at an Italian Restaurant and the fare was most scrumptious. Great fun was had by all as we held up our moustaches and eyeglasses for pictures.

I just love Jesus and the parties that flow from His workings in our little humble lives.

I am incredibly happy for my brother and for the whole family.


We have been gifted with a new member and for this we rejoice exceedingly!
Pictures to follow when I get them out of my dear daughter's camera as I managed to forget mine!
That is very unlike me, but I have grace for myself. (...got them!)

No comments: