Monday, February 7, 2011

Wounded to Heal

At Bible Study tonight there was alot of amazing material,
So many passages and so many words passing with rapid fire succession before my somewhat dazed stare and through my rather dull ears.
About rebellious Kings,
And repentant Kings...
A compassionate God
Who is eager to show mercy, but
Who will wound to heal.

About the suffering Christ.
Those mind blowing scriptures in Isaiah 53.
He was wounded for our transgressions.
Marred beyond recognition.
By His stripes...we are healed.
A man of sorrows and acquainted with grief.

He was pierced through for our transgressions.
Pierced through...
Beth taught how back in Genesis the sign of the curse on the ground was thorns.
She carried with her a branch with long, long thorns. One like the one which had pierced through her runner, into her foot and outside the top of her foot.
Thorns can be that long and that sharp.

Pierced through...for our transgression.
The crown of thorns pierced his head
The thorns were soaked with blood.
And now we can walk in victory because of that piercing and soaking.
"The God of peace, will soon crush Satan, underneath our feet."

Behold, I will make all things new...
Oh Oh OH what a glorious Savior.
I can barely comprehend and I weep with amazement and joy.
Overwhelmed again with the horrific beauty of that sacrifice.
It was for freedom that He set us free.
And such a cost He paid.

"But the Lord was pleased
To crush Him, putting Him to grief
He would render Himself
As a guilt offering" vs. 10

I glory in this glorious God of Love.
Who crushes to Save the likes of me.
I cannot comprehend but I humbly bow
Kiss those blood stained feet
And receive.

No comments: