Friday, February 4, 2011

Sweet Communion

With some trepidation I ventured out tonight to a home church being held in the neighborhood! Wondering what I would experience,
Realizing I'm a little nervous and hesitant but wanting to experience Jesus
with His Body.
Just like He said we should.
I've been lonely for Him and for sweet fellowship where He is the center.

It was warm and welcoming
A table loaded with goodies beckoned me
Friendly faces and warm hugs.
A place saved for me.
I was tucked in and loved.
Thank you Jesus.

Worship and sharing and prayer.
A recorded teaching on communion. So good.
Followed by real communion.
The Eucharist.
The Body and the Blood.
Laid down and poured out for me.
For the remission of sins,
For healing and deliverance,
There is Life in the Blood.
I ate and I drank... so grateful, tears of realization
The cost so great and I simply take it in.
Feeling like I still understand so little.
It is a profound mystery and a beautiful connection.
His life flowing into mine,
Oneness...

No comments: