Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Made My Day!


Yesterday He filled up my cup
Over and over and over again.
I was Surprised by pure JOY!
So many words of affirmation brought on by a simple post on facebook about half my life being spent in a wheelchair on that anniversary date. Wow - I was completely overwhelmed by the loving response and I basked in the kindest words spoken over my life.
It matters so much to know that we are noticed.
That we are loved by someone and that our lives matter.

After teaching and heading out into the cold grey day, a providential meeting of two dear friends in the parking lot made my day.
They shared a conversation they had just had.
They were discussing death and both gasped out "NO" when, for some reason completely unknown to me, they entered my name into that discussion.
Well, let me just say that it made me so happy to know that they cared so much about me being alive!
I matter!!

From there on it was more and more goodness.
Pressed down and spilling over the sides of my cup.
Lunch out with someone I have been longing to spend time with and a conversation full of God, which is always so GOOD. We both left uplifted and full of Italian food.


Beautiful orchids and a homemade card from my future daughter greeted me on my arrival home. We did homework together and I fought off a migraine which was not able to steal even an ounce of my happiness on this day of love.

Daffodils from my sweet sister at Bible Study in the evening and a gigantic bouquet from another dear friend made my car smell like Spring and my heart sing with JOY.
And to top it all of, like a marashino cherry on a peanut buster parfait, my daughter wrote me the kindest words in an e-mail wishing me a Happy Valentine's Day.
And it was.

No comments: