Saturday, November 20, 2010

Bulging Closet

Yesterday the TV cable guy came and spent over six hours trying to instal the wiring for two boxes that will bring us a plethora of channels. (Great word, I know)
I have struggled since giving in to the amazing saleslady on the telephone the other week. Wondering if I made some huge mistake when I got some very negative reactions.
Daughter: "Noooooo!'
Housemate: "Oh no."
Etc. Etc.
But there have been the positive encouragements as well. My mom being one of them - haha!
I've just never in my life ordered cable. Prevented it's entrance into our home in fact.
Quite strongly.
So no wonder it feels a little weird.
Anyhoo - the lure of the cooking channel, animal shows and documentaries pulled me in.
Well, to tell the truth it was the free boxes, installation and rental for the next three years.
They surely know how to get you!
So, last night after the marathon of installation (which still isn't completed) I left my housemate on my bed happily watching some clothing show about what you for sure shouldn't be putting on your body.

I came home after my outing and snuggled into bed falling into a deep and wonderful sleep. When I awoke several hours later I was strangely aware in the darkness of this "entity" bulging out of my closet. Seriously - I felt like it was a large fat presence in there in my half sleepy state. Not necessarily evil or anything.
Just there.
So I'm aware of the need to put restrictions on the entity. Praying that it will be used for good and not for evil in this home.
I haven't touched it today other than to anoint the box with oil when I finally got up in the morning. Smile.
Just wanted to deal with things at the onset and let them know who's boss.
(That'll be God)
Ok. Confession is good for the soul.
So I'm all good.

No comments: