Thursday, June 10, 2010

Clarity

I wonder why it is that some days I wake up and I am just so much more alive than other days. Able to see life more clearly than usual and to gain perspective on otherwise overwhelming situations...

I love these days of grace and clarity!!
I even had that extra dose of energy thrown in today for good measure and it reminds me that life can suddenly feel different, be different!

Had a most wonderful visit with a dear friend under a big tree in my little red car.
She is one of the few people that shares my passion for coca cola and wouldn't you know it, there was a BIG SALE on that very item at a drive through!!
I just love a good sale!
So we each got a large drink, went through another drive through for baked potatoes, chili and salad and settled in for a good long visit.

Somehow through our discussion I came to the conclusion that God may be leading me in a new direction regarding "church" and that if I make that change I can do so with a clear conscience and with love and integrity.
It won't be the end of the world.
It will be a new beginning.
I'll see how the next few months pan out and follow Jesus where He leads me.

Yesterday I phoned my mom on a whim and asked her if she wanted to go out for a drive. I get so sleepy when I go up and visit in her condo and she isn't able to drive anymore so it just seemed right to go enjoy the beautiful evening outdoors together. She was eager to go so we picked up my sister and went driving along the lake.

OHHHH what a beautiful evening! I drove right up to the water's edge at an unused boat launch. They loved it (we are an easily contented bunch) and felt happy enough just opening the windows and listening to the birds singing in the big trees around us and watching the setting sun on the mountains and the geese wandering at the lakeside. Here's a little snapshot of what we saw...




We prayed together, pulling down strongholds and declaring salvation.
How kind of the Lord to give us such a panoramic prayer time!
By the time the evening was over peace was reigning and our cups were full.
I pray that I will have the energy to do that often in these next months.


No comments: