Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Bath Seat

It's been a bit of an odd day here in paradise. I had a nice morning teaching my one student and then driving out to pick up my newly reupholstered bath seat. This is a big deal in my life as I NEED that bathseat if I ever want to shower. It felt like a huge event to get new wood pieces cut by the son, to get the nephew to drill the holes and insert the special metal pieces the son had purchased at Rona, to obtain the white vinyl for reupholstering the cushions and finally to bring the whole shebang into Expert's Upholstery waaaay out on the highway.

Therefore I felt highly accomplished as I drove happily away with my bathseat tucked into the back of the car when I suddenly noticed through my rearview mirror that there was exposed wood underneath the cushions!! YIKES!! They should have been completely covered to prevent water from leaking in and rotting the wood and foam. Oh BOTHER. So now I am hoping for some kind of a miracle material that the nephew was telling me about that we can spray the whole bath seat with to seal it. (hopefully this will occur before I start smelling too badly as it's already been several days) Things like this always feel so big and daunting to me - I'm not exactly sure why but it's all way out of my comfort zone. I want somebody else to look after it, but now there is just me. I need to be a big girl and get these things done.

Anyways, the story got slightly more exciting in that nervous sort of way way when I got home and started feeling not so good. My stomach was gurgly and oh dear, oh dear. Yes, indeedy my intestines were busier than usual and this can lead to...well, potentially the need for showering. I like to have my bathseat very handy during such unfortunate times. Thankfully I have made it through the day without any major events. I was sorry to miss my TESL class tonight at the college. I wanted to find out if I am on track with the paper I am writing and how to prepare for the big presentation day on Saturday by which time I am supposed to have figured out how to do power point! Oh well.

I was going to write tonight about my sister's wonderful spiritual encouragement and the miracle dreams she's having about my dad's soon and coming salvation, but i've used up so many words about a much less interesting topic. How does that happen? As if anybody needs to read about my shower habits and needs?

Oh my, that's a little pathetic.

No comments: