Monday, October 13, 2008

Rearrangments

So often life just ambles along, and I'm waiting for something more exciting to happen. I'm really grateful when I'm not in crisis though and I haven't been for a few years now, so that's good. Life has actually been pretty peaceful, if not a little boring. I prefer a fair bit of excitement as long as it's spaced out properly. But that's not in my control as so many things are not! (You figure out so many important things when you are past middle age.) So I'm learning to accept the peaceful times as well as the times of excitement and crisis. Not that I have alot of choice.

Anyways. My delightful cohabitants moved out at the end of September and I didn't quite know who God would send to fill in the empty house. There had been rumors in the summer that my son would move in when his condo sold, but that's an uncertain thing.

He almost sold it in the middle of September so all his room mates found alternative lodging. Then the deal fell through and the son was alone in his condo. He told me last Monday that he thought he might take it off the market. When talking to his realtor it was mentioned that someone was in a big hurry to buy. By Wednesday he had moved home and on Friday he had his condo sold and money in hand!!

Boy, things can sure change suddenly! I love that about God. Those situations remind me that it's important to hang on, to keep believing and praying because ALL OF A SUDDEN everything can change! For me this situation speaks into many other situations...it's a faith builder for sure!

So I'm loving having him around again - this tall, easy going young man with the easy smile and the great hair. Smile. It is different having an adult child move home, but it feels really great. Everything here on earth is so temporary so I just want to enjoy every minute of this.

I'm also looking forward to having a gal move in next week so all the bedrooms will be filled! There will be activity and laughter and lots of life happening here again. I am so thankful to God for these new rearrangements and for more excitement in my rather humble quiet existence.

I also bought a car last Friday which is a HUGE deal for me. I have been looking for one for a very long time and SUDDENLY it was the right day. There are so many variables in my car shopping that it became a really big issue in my life. The hand controls need to fit in, I need roof racks for the wheelchair lift. Is the front seat a power seat? Is it good on gas? Can I get things in and out of the trunk easily? Would my back hurt due to the seating? It was getting bigger and BIGGER in my mind and I was getting so befuddled with all the consumer reports. I've never had to buy a car for myself before.



This is definitely new territory for me but it is done! So the bright red car sits on my driveway waiting for its coat of paint protector. (My wheelchair and I are really hard on vehicles and on alot of other things, come to think of it).

When I wake up in the morning I remember that it sitteth there, bigger than life and worth alot of money. I haven't even ever driven it myself. The roof racks are on wrong for the wheelchair lift. Did I pay too much? Is it the right car for me? It is not a returnable item. I feel like I should be more excited, but my life is so complicated.


I pray that all the details and installations will come together easily and that soon I will be happily zooming about with a feeling of complete consumer satisfaction!!

Did I mention that my Dad phoned me one day and said he wanted to pay for this new car? Just to look after me to make sure I got into a new vehicle with warranties so I was safe. I almost cried right there and felt so loved and cared for. Now that is a miracle and the hand of God looking after me in a most tangible fantastic way!!

So, I have sooooo much to be gtateful for it almost takes my breath away. I won't let the complications of my life rob the joy of God's good gifts. My son is home, I enjoy an incredible friendship with my dear daughter, an adopted daughter is arriving soon and I have new wheels! God is, right here and right now showing me His goodness in the land of the living.

No comments: