Thursday, October 16, 2008

House of Dreams

Someone recently was challenging us to imagine what our city would look like if God had His way here and if we as His people would cooperate with Him. It's a great exercise of faith and I think God actually loves it when we dare to dream and imagine what it would really look like to see His Kingdom come and His Will be done here on earth as it is on heaven. (Well, I'm sure He loves it even more when we transfer our dreams and imaginings into doings and actions, but bear with me here...).

I now have three people under the age of 23 living under my roof. What a privilege to have so much life around me! Tonight two of my "borrowed daughters" came running into my bedroom and leapt onto my bed with huge hugs and greetings. Talk about being blessed and showered with undeserved love. I don't know why the Lord has brought these ones into my life, but they are here for a reason and I can hardly believe how blessed I am to be connected in such a way to this next generation.

So as I was getting ready for bed I began to wonder what kind of hopes and dreams I have for the ones under my roof and for this home in this next season. I'm sure God has plans for this time so I sure as heck want to be cooperating with HIM!

Therefore I thought it would be a good idea to prayerfully write out my "wish list" and be actively involved with God in seeing His Kingdom Come here!! Somehow writing down a list is an act of faith in itself and it feels one step closer to "calling forth that which is not yet as if it already were."

I declare that this home (God's home) will be a house of rest & peace - His presence ministering to all who enter here!

I declare that God's precious Holy Spirit has free reign in this place to speak, to bless, to convict, to draw - to do whatever He likes!!

I declare that this is Holy Ground, this house belongs to God and the enemy has no authority in this place - all authority in this place belongs to Jesus Christ who has triumphed over the enemy!

I ask that the precious blood of Jesus would be over every doorpost and opening of this home, and that as people enter, the blood of the Lamb would drip down upon them, imparting to them life and healing and deliverance and revelation.

I declare that this is a house of salvation - because Jesus lives here!!

And somehow I pray that the love of God would be made manifest in me so that He would be able to love those that come through these doors through my hands, my voice and my life.

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine
according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory..."
Ephesians 3:20


So Jesus, this life is for you....as much as I keep forgetting and thinking it's about me, I declare that it's all about You in me!
Thanks for inviting me to ask and imagine... I want to imagine salvations and deliverances and healings and discipleship and community all happening here with You in the midst of it all - getting all the glory and being delighted here.

I welcome you...Your Kingdom Come, Your Will Be Done, here in my house as it is in heaven!

No comments: