Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Sweet 60th Surprises


The family surprised me by celebrating my birthday at our regular Sunday evening gathering.  
Elsie showed up with balloons and twinkle lights and there were gifts.
I think she has been my most ardent lifelong supporter.
She was there when Mom brought me home, very happy that they found a "German baby" as she had requested and she watched over her new little "built in best friend" with great love and care from that day forward.


She is always eager to give me gifts and celebrate my life in every way on every possible occasion.
I feel very undeserving of this but so grateful to have a sister who loves me so well recognizing that  ultimately "every good and perfect gift is from above..."


Last fall I had been thinking Winnie should have puppies so that we would have some zip and "sparkle" in the dark days of winter.
God, in His great kindness did not let this happen and instead He sent us Marsha who has been the most delightful "sparkle" we could have wished for! 
(The little poster she made me reads "SPARKLES over Puppies!!!" and I say AMEN! 


We had a hilarious, laughter filled evening and God's presence filled the room! 


Even a little "Winnie" mug from Elsie warmed my heart exceedingly! 
How does one hold so much joy and goodness? 


On my actual birthday which fell on a Wednesday I went out with Marsha and Elsie to a downtown lakeside restaurant.



Marsha has added so much spice and fun ("sparkle") to our outings and it just feels like we have found a third sister. 



Blossoms and blooms and so much love. 


In the evening I was surprised again when Jan had this greeting drawn on a huge poster board at our prayer meeting! 


And there was a cake to feast on, singing and a lovely hydrangea given by one of the young couples in the group.  


60 is turning out to be a whole lot of fun and I am experiencing my life chapter in real time!
(Both the goodness AND the waiting...) 

"I remain confident of this:
    I will see the goodness of the Lord
    in the land of the living.
 Wait for the Lord;
    be strong and take heart
    and wait for the Lord."

PSALM 27: 13,14 

No comments: