Saturday, April 30, 2022

Orchard Party to Celebrate 60


Since moving onto the orchard I have had a big outdoor party for my 40th, 50th and now my 60th birthday! 
SIXTY YEARS OLD... it's really here and I can see the lines on my face that tell the story of years gone by.
But God's faithfulness has carried me and will continue to until it's time for me to go to that better place that we are all longing for...



Doing a big thing like this does create a fair bit of anxiety for me, but obviously it is worth it or I wouldn't keep putting myself through the agonies.  


Thankfully I had some very efficient, kind helpers (Patrice, Liz, Leanne, etc.) who pulled it all off while I tried to be friendly and take pictures of the beautiful and exceptionally dressed attendees! 


The men who donned wigs for the occasion pretty much made my day. 



I LOVE hosting gatherings even though I am not very adept at making all the details happen...


For instance, in the invitation I boldly proclaimed that I would be giving prizes to the best dressed participants (didn't happen), that we would be having a dance party to 60's music (didn't happen) and that we would finish off with some worship music around the bonfire (also didn't happen)!! 



But the pizza, pop and cake happened as did the bonfire and lots of happy socializing. 


I will have to be more conservative at my 70th and not make promises that I will not remember to fulfill!   

 

If I remember, that is...


It was a cool evening, to be sure, but the forecast had been rather grim so I was grateful that we didn't get rained on and that there was even some blue sky! 


I was overwhelmed with the delicious snacks and cakes that people so generously contributed! 


In fact, I believe there were 6 different kinds of cake!


Obviously I have some incredibly kind, generous, and talented friends!


Sweet Jasmine pulled this big silver blow-up frame out of her purse which made for lots of fun photo opportunities!


I just love so many people and I love to provide opportunities for people to feel connected and loved on so it feels like a birthday is a good excuse to make that happen, even if it causes some anxious moments and a bit of chaos. 


My prayer was that God would show up and that everyone would feel loved and I'm pretty sure that happened.
So many beautiful smiles and lots of fun and laughter.


I was also very thankful to my lawyer friend John, who took the time to sign my
POA papers with my kids... without charging!


So many kind gifts and so much love. 


It's ALL grace and I am a very grateful recipient. 



Also, did I mention the flowers and cards?


Over the top wonderful!
Happy Birthday to me! 

No comments: