Thursday, December 26, 2019

My 2019 Christmas Recap/Newsletter



“Because of God’s tender mercy, the morning light from heaven is about to break upon us, to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, and to guide us to the path of peace.”  Luke 1:7

Christmas Greetings Dear ONes!                                             December 17, 2019

I am writing to you from the little yellow house on the orchard which is presently nestled in blankets of snow… I love how Christmas happens to fall in the middle of winter – the dark, long, cold nights highlight the greatest gift this world has ever encountered… the LIGHT of the world and the ultimate hope of all mankind -  Jesus Christ. The Creator of all came down and dwelt among us and gave His life so that if we choose Him we can be born again and enjoy Him forever. Oh how I love HIM!   



 He is my EVERYTHING.  He’s the ONE I focus on in this short life I’ve been given.  He gives me perspective when all does not seem right, reminding me that this is all only temporary and the best is yet to come! My prayer is that you too will find hope, joy, peace & everlasting life in Jesus.
 This past year has been full of gentle rhythms as I look after my sweet mom who is now 92.  Elsie, Tante Hilda and I are all enjoying having this time with her.  Dementia has set in, but thankfully she remembers the important things in life and knows who we all are.  It’s a privilege to be able to give a little bit back to this precious woman who laid down her life for all of us. 



 Daniel & Nicole are still living in Vancouver.  Daniel finished 6 long years of school, wrote his BIG FINAL exam, and is now a certified Occupational Therapist!  He LOVES his work and thankfully there are many jobs opportunities available for him. Nicole is working very hard and has one semester left before she’ll have her degree in Social Work. They recently got themselves a cute, energetic spotted puppy named Penny who is trying to befriend their cat Leo and is keeping them hopping.



 Patrice continues to live and work at A Rocha, a Christian environmental organization in Surrey where she oversees the interns.  She has also begun to build herself a TINY HOUSE which will sit on the beautiful property out there.  When she comes home at Christmas Daniel and Ron will help her to get the cabinets built so that she can take them back in her truck and get them installed.  Nice to have so much handy talent in the family!




 Presently Victor and Marcia are here in Kelowna celebrating an early Christmas with us. They are always a tremendous help with all sorts of practical things for myself, Elsie, and Tante Hilda and we just love spending time with them.  Family is an incredible gift and Mom and Dad taught us how to love and honour one another.  I’m so grateful for this legacy of love and most of all that Mom taught us what is of eternal significance through her life of simple obedience to Jesus. It’s the one thing that will matter when we step across the thin veil separating this reality from the next…




 I have a beautiful life! I am surrounded by good friends, a wonderful church community, incredible scenery and God’s goodness – every single day. My sweet dog Ladybug turned 12 and is a faithful, loving little companion and our 2 budgies continue to fly around the house happily serenading us. 
 Thank you for being a part of my life…Sending big love & blessings as you celebrate and prepare for 2020!

 Love Karen

No comments: